Ape Labs Coin 2.0 USB Wireless DMX Wash & Up Light:
(Non-Battery version of Can 2.0 IP)
Ape Labs is known to be "Tiny but Mighty". The original Ape Labs Coin took that to the next level, weighing in at only about a half-pound, and still packing a powerful punch!
Discover the Ape Labs Coin 2.0 USB
The Coin 2.0 IP ups the ante significantly, as it comes in at the same size, but is more than 2x the brightness of the previous generation Coin. It is extremely versatile as all of the Can 2.0 accessories fit on the Coin 2.0. The Coin 2.0 is essentially the Can 2.0 but without the battery. This reduces the size and reduces the price. It's perfect for installations and mobile set-ups that don't need a battery....or it can be easily converted into a battery fixture by adding a USB battery bank. Simply plug one, two, or three Coin 2.0's into a standard USB battery bank and you'll be totally wireless, just like the Can 2.0!
Plus, the new AmberWhite LED technology allows color for reproduction that was never possible before. With 29 built-in color presets designed specifically for the event industry by industry professionals, the Coin 2.0 allows the user to create incredible lighting designs with just the push of a button. Crafted in Germany with a careful balance of totally reengineered optics merged with the warmth of the AmberWhite LED technology, the Coin 2.0 is an incredibly flexible fixture, excellent for uplighting, unique Fresnel effect uplighting, ambient lighting, dance floor lighting, stage lighting, design washes, table lighting, pin spotting, room washing, tube effects, and beyond.
- 1x 15 Watt RGBaW with AmberWhite LED Technology (Now 2.27x Brighter at Same Wattage)
- Single Color LUX as high as 3,460 @1m (see table below)
- Refreshed optics for optimal brightness without sacrificing battery life (when used with battery bank)
- Standard with Fresnel Effect Lens. Available Par Wash Optics: 10°, 15°, 25°, & 45°
- 2.27x brightness of the previous generation Can, 82% as bright as the original Maxi (45 Watts)
- USB Powered. Any standard USB port will work, including a USB battery bank
- Solid State, Fanless operation
- 29 carefully curated color presets designed for weddings & events
- IP65 Rated for Indoor or Outdoor Use
- Free standing or mountable via M6 Thread
- For a version with a built-in battery, Check out the Can 2.0
- PWM (LED refresh rate) adjustable via smartphone app (500Hz to 4000Hz)
- Compatible with a smartphone app via Connect hardware
- 100% Designed, Engineered, & Hand Assembled in Germany
Control / Operation:
Ape Labs is known to "Keep it Simple" when it comes to controlling lights. A beginner with no instructions can typically operate an Ape Labs fixture within seconds of picking up an ApeRemote or opening the app. But its simplicity does not lack in features. Two of the most famous features are "Grouping" and "MusikMode".
Grouping allows the user to create DMX-Like shows on the fly by grouping any number of mixed & matched Ape Labs SKUs into up to four groups. Then being able to control groups individually or universally.
MusikMode will automatically create a music-based light show with the press of a button. It uses proprietary technology that analyzes the sound in the room and a total number of Ape Labs fixtures to build a constantly evolving light show. Just don't call it "Sound Active".
- Wireless DMX: 4, 7, or 8 Channel Modes (W-App / Connect required, 3900ft Range)
- Wireless KNX (W-App / Connect required, 3900ft Range)
- Wireless Android / iOS App (W-App / Connect required, 3900ft Range)
- Wireless Remote Control (ApeRemote required, 200ft Range)
- Wireless range increases as more fixtures are added since all lights repeat the signal
- Pairing is possible with ApeRemotes or W-Apps to increase the number of groups or universes in the room
- Ape Labs Connect will save settings and programs to the cloud for cross-device operations or community sharing
- Free software/firmware updates via W-App or Connect
- Powered via USB cable
- Made from stainless steel
- wavelength red = 622.5nm
- wavelength green = 522.5nm
- wavelength blue = 457.5nm
- AmberWhite Color Temperature = 2700K
- Color rendering in CRI (Ra) = 90
- PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) = 500Hz - 4000Hz
- flicker-free = Yes
- Dimmable = Yes
- Total lamp luminous flux = 545 lm
When comparing Ape Labs LUX values to competitor values, make sure to look at single color ratings. If only a single LUX value is given for a fixture, it's most likely an "All On" rating. This means that every color is combined when rating.
The Ape Labs Coin 2.0 IP comes standard with 65° Effect Lens, but four alternative optics are available. Below are the LUX ratings for each color, with each beam angle, at both 1m and 2m distances.
**With 15-degree wash optics, the Coin 2.0 LUX ratings average 227% (or 2.27x brighter) than the original Coin @2m
- (1) Ape Labs Coin 2.0 USB | Set of 4
- (1) Hard Shell Carrying Case
- (1) Ape Labs Remote
- (1) USB Hub (2-Port)