Shure MV7 Podcast USB and XLR Condenser Microphone in Silver:
The Shure MV7 is a professional-quality USB/XLR dynamic microphone, ideal for close mic applications that require vocal intelligibility with a balanced tone. A touch panel interface on the microphone itself provides control over microphone gain, headphone level, monitor mix, and muting, and the ShurePlus MOTIV Desktop Application allows users to save their own presets or enable auto-gain, compression, and EQ presets for easy real-time audio processing. The attractive and durable all metal design features an adjustable yoke that can be mounted onto a variety of microphone stands for flexible placement options.
Shure MV7 Podcast Microphone Features:
- Voice Isolation Technology.
- Built-in touch panel.
- Built-in Headphone Monitoring.
- Customizable Sound Signature.
- Optimized Microphone Position Presets.
- Dual USB/XLR output allows digital or analog recording.
- Highly directional dynamic element and voice isolation technology.
- Intuitive touch panel for control over gain, monitoring volume, headphone mix, and mic muting.
- Built-in headphone output allows for direct headphone monitoring while recording.
- Optimized frequency response for rich and natural vocal reproduction.
- Interfaces with the ShurePlus MOTIV Desktop Application for access to audio processing.
- Auto-Level Mode automatically adjusts gain and compression settings.
- Switchable EQ filters to adjust audio tone color.
- Options to save custom user presets.
- Rugged, all-metal construction for outstanding reliability.
- Adjustable integrated yoke for easy positioning on standard 5/8"-27 threaded stands or booms.
Inspired by the legendary SM7B, the MV7 is a dynamic microphone with both USB and XLR outputs for use with computers and professional interfaces alike. Connect via USB and explore additional set-up features and Auto Level Mode within Shure's ShurePlus MOTIV app, to control features such as your vocal tone, and distance from the microphone. XLR and USB Hybrid Microphone. Choose to connect your MV7 by XLR or USB, depending on your set up. When connecting via USB, you have access to the ShurePlus MOTIV app, which has a variety of additional controls such as Mic Gain, Mic Mute, EQ, Monitor Mix, Limiter and Compressor that can be adjusted. Alternatively, connect your MV7 via XLR to an audio interface if you are working with a professional recording set-up. The MV7's impressive combination of cartridge, pick-up pattern and shock mount brings your voice to the forefront of the recording and prevents any unwanted background or room noise from interrupting your sound. App control from integration with ShurePlus MOTIV apps (desktop and mobile.) Download the free ShurePlus MOTIV app(s) and configure the microphone to perform best for your chosen application. Select Auto Level Mode if you want a 'set it and forget it' microphone, or Manual Mode if you wish to get more hands on with features such as Mic Gain, Mic Mute, EQ, Monitor Mix, Limiter and Compressor. You can even save your favorite presets for another day.
Users that connect via USB will have access to Auto Level Mode, offering them adjustments between Tone and Mic Position. Once enabled, this mode will allow the microphone to constantly adjust your level on the fly to ensure a consistent output of your recording or stream. Save valuable editing time in post-production and keep your level consistent throughout; it's like having a virtual engineer by your side. If you're on the go or want a slight adjustment just before you're set to record, the on-board touch panel allows you to quickly slide and adjust microphone gain, headphone volume, monitor mix as well as muting the microphone, locking the touch panel and even exiting Auto Level Mode to revert to Ensure that you are getting perfect audio at all times with the direct headphone monitoring output. Simply connect your favored headphones or earphones via the 3.5mm connector and set your desired monitor mix between microphone and device. Choose your sound and pick your tone from either 'dark', 'natural' or 'bright' within the ShurePlus MOTIV app. Whether you're a podcaster that likes to get up close and personal with the microphone, or a streamer that likes a bit more breathing space, there is a setting to suit your needs. Choose between 'near' and 'far' mode within the ShurePlus MOTIV app, to optimize the MV7's output depending on your preferred mic position.
Shure MV7 Product Specifications:
- Type Dynamic (moving coil)
- Polar Pattern Unidirectional (cardioid)
- A/D Converter 16 or 24-bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz
- Frequency Response 50 Hz to 16,000 Hz
- Adjustable Gain Range 0 to +36 dB
- XLR Sensitivity -55 dBV/Pa (1.78 mV) at 1 kHz
- USB Sensitivity -47 dBFS/Pa at 1 kHz
- at Minimum Gain, Flat Mode 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- USB Maximum SPL 132 dB SPL
- DSP Modes (Presets) Near/Far, Dark/Natural/Bright
- Headphone Output 3.5 mm (1/8")
- Power Requirements Powered through USB or Lightning connector
- MFi Certified Yes
- Software Compatibility ShurePlus MOTIV Audio, Video, and Desktop Apps
- XLR Output Impedance 314 Ω at 1 kHz
- Connector Type Micro-B USB and XLR
- Mounting Type 5/8"-27 thread mount
- Housing All-metal construction
- Net Weight 0.55 kg (1.21 lbs)
- Dimensions Microphone: Length 53.6 mm; Diameter 66.5 mm Mic in Yoke: 164 x 153.6 x 90.2 mm H × L x D
- Cable Includes one (1) 10-foot Micro-B to USB-A cable and one (1) 10-foot Micro-B to USB-C cable
- System Requirements Windows: Windows 10, 64 bit, Minimum 2 GB of RAM, Minimum 500 MB of hard disk space Macintosh: MacOS 10.13 to 10.15, 64 bit, Minimum 2 GB of RAM, Minimum 500 MB of hard disk space iOS: iOS 12 and higher, iPhone 6 and higher, iPod Touch 6th generation Android: Oreo 8.0 and higher, USB Host Power Requirement of ≥ 100 mA, USB Audio Class 1.1 support and higher
Each MV7-K Retail Box Includes:
- (1) Shure MV7 Podcast Microphone in Silver
- (1) 95A45110 10-foot Micro-B to USB-A cable
- (1) 95B38076 10-foot Micro-B to USB-C cable
- (1) AMV-LTG 3-foot Micro-B to Lightning cable